Buyers and Sellers

For all general forum discussions.
CzMeteo

Re: Buyers and Sellers

Post by CzMeteo »

A few things about this. A buy in raffle is something that most people will not want to participate in. But it will also ward of some who are not truly in to it.
Second with cards, people will bash you of pulling a slight of hand.
Third if you offer additional cards, there will be someone who'll will try to buy the rest of the deck. Again creating a money battle.
Instead of doing a money entry, you can do an essay entry keeping it fair to people who lack the money.
Daveeeboy

Post by Daveeeboy »

MJShasko wrote: - Players must have opened at least 3 revos from the set { BR / AU / AG / OR / RD / LM / TI / HM } or at least have 5+ extremes in their collection
Cheers
Mike

Hay Mike I like your plan but how about changing the above rule to:

-Players must be a member of the Revomaze forum ;)

That way we can all still chat about it ;)
My Puzzle Collection and wish list (Please PM me if you would like to sell me a puzzle on my wish list ;o)
http://www.360Trades.com

Blue - un-opened, Green - un-opened, Bronze - un-opened
Daveeeboy

Post by Daveeeboy »

As for everyone poo pooing my hire scheme have you never heard of super car hire :?

They hire cars worth 100k for one weekend, surely this maze is just as desirable.

Have some trust and faith in your fellow puzzlers :)
My Puzzle Collection and wish list (Please PM me if you would like to sell me a puzzle on my wish list ;o)

TheWaddler

Post by TheWaddler »

Daveeeboy wrote:As for everyone poo pooing my hire scheme have you never heard of super car hire :?

They hire cars worth 100k for one weekend, surely this maze is just as desirable.

Yeah we do a similar thing, it's called the Midlands Puzzle Party (MPP) and for a small fee you can puzzle to your hearts content with all manner of puzzles, not to mention the company :? ..... :lol: :D That way everyone can keep an eye on their prized possessions ;)
The Waddler's Puzzling Blog

--R1 Collection--
Open:
[BU01099][GR01556][BR00471][OR00149][R00019][TI00045][BlobV2][BluePro]
In Progress:
[CU00042]
Unopened:
[AG00185][AU00145][LI00149]
Ordered:
Aqua
Indigo
--R2 Cosmic Series (Voyager Set #42)--
Still Waiting:
Mercury
Daveeeboy

Post by Daveeeboy »

TheWaddler wrote:
Daveeeboy wrote:As for everyone poo pooing my hire scheme have you never heard of super car hire :?

Yeah we do a similar thing, it's called the Midlands Puzzle Party (MPP) and for a small fee you can puzzle to your hearts content with all manner of puzzles, not to mention the company :? ..... :lol: :D That way everyone can keep an eye on their prized possessions ;)
The MPP sounds fantastic but and it is a big BUT I like to puzzle in the comfort of my own home and enjoy the ride with a nice cup of bean to cup coffee ;)

That said I do fancy a poke around the MPP :P

TheWaddler

Post by TheWaddler »

Daveeeboy wrote:The MPP sounds fantastic but and it is a big BUT I like to puzzle in the comfort of my own home and enjoy the ride with a nice cup of bean to cup coffee ;)

That said I do fancy a poke around the MPP :P
Sorry, forgot to mention, there's free tea ;) (I think, I don't drink tea!)

You can sit in a corner and puzzle by yourself, that's what I did last time (my first time) for the first hour or so, then I just went wild with excitement when more people arrived with more puzzles!! Then I couldn't even sit down, I was puzzling standing up :D (partly because of the lack of space!!)

Definitely consider it though, I thoroughly enjoyed it last time. Though the next one is this Saturday, so probably too short notice.

--R1 Collection--
Open:
In Progress:
[CU00042]
Unopened:
Ordered:
Aqua
Indigo
Still Waiting:
Mercury
Daveeeboy

Post by Daveeeboy »

TheWaddler wrote:Definitely consider it though, I thoroughly enjoyed it last time. Though the next one is this Saturday, so probably too short notice.

Thanks for the info and heads up.

Can you pay on the door or do you need to pre-buy tickets?
Is there a website with more info?

Dave.

TheWaddler

Post by TheWaddler »

Yes, Nigel (Barcared) who organises it works out and takes the money when everyone is there. It's only minimal to cover the cost of hiring the room.

There's no website (as such) but MPP is discussed on the site here and there is a group on Facebook here.

Anywho, back on topic.

Mike sell me your Black ..... please :D :lol:

--R1 Collection--
Open:
In Progress:
[CU00042]
Unopened:
Ordered:
Aqua
Indigo
Still Waiting:
Mercury
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

Daveeeboy wrote:
TheWaddler wrote:Definitely consider it though, I thoroughly enjoyed it last time. Though the next one is this Saturday, so probably too short notice.

Thanks for the info and heads up.

Can you pay on the door or do you need to pre-buy tickets?
Is there a website with more info?

Dave.
lol

You pay when you're there. There is no need to book although it's helpful if people contact us so approximate number are known to sort adequate refreshments. The payment is to cover the hire of the hall and refreshments. The aim is to try to divide it equally, therefore it's less if more people turn up ;)
Puzzle Place wiki collates the reviews / pictures and videos from previous events here.
There is a facebook page (here) which will be used to organise MPP events for the foreseeable future. If you're not on facebook then email or PM Nigel (Barcared) either here or on the Puzzle Place forum to get on the mailing list.

If you want to see any Revomaze there, let me know and I'll bring it along.

Chris

edit:
TheWaddler wrote:There's no website (as such) but MPP is discussed on the site here...
It is suggested that discussion take place either on the Facebook group or on the forum at Puzzle Place (here) as you're more likely to get a response from many of the regulars there these days.
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
TheWaddler

Post by TheWaddler »

bluesign2k wrote:It is suggested that discussion take place either on the Facebook group or on the forum at Puzzle Place (here) as you're more likely to get a response from many of the regulars there these days.
Ahh yes, I forgot about the Puzzle Place forum. I wondered where everyone had buggered off to :lol: (only joking!)

Not sure I dare join that forum as well, I may lose even more money and time :? :lol:

--R1 Collection--
Open:
In Progress:
[CU00042]
Unopened:
Ordered:
Aqua
Indigo