BR00008SE - Open
AG00141EX - Open
BL08LE - Open
LM00284 - ????
OR00283 - ????
walther

Re: Gadget Show Live 2010

Post by walther »

maztec wrote:Okay. How many free ones did he send home? I'm going to bet somewhere between none and six, and none seems to be the most likely. Although, I have to say, should have given a green metal in exchange for completing the blue at the stand. ;)
I think it would have been classic for one of us to show up and not say who you were and solve the blue in like 30 secs, just to see Chris' expression. Obviously, he would catch on pretty quick, but it would still be pretty funny to watch. :lol:
3SE/EX>BU Open|GR Open|BR Open|AG(1) Broken|AG(2) Open|AU Broken...again???
90EX>BU|GR|BR|AG|AU
3LE>BL Open|LI Closed|Handmade Closed
Obsession>BU Open|GR Open|BL Open|RD Open|BUPro Open
3SE>RD Open|OR Closed|TI Closed
PU 3rd Round Winner
maztec

Post by maztec »

walther wrote:
maztec wrote:Okay. How many free ones did he send home? I'm going to bet somewhere between none and six, and none seems to be the most likely. Although, I have to say, should have given a green metal in exchange for completing the blue at the stand. ;)
I think it would have been classic for one of us to show up and not say who you were and solve the blue in like 30 secs, just to see Chris' expression. Obviously, he would catch on pretty quick, but it would still be pretty funny to watch. :lol:
That would have been awesome. However, I think a little realism would have helped, maybe make it two or three minutes and a couple clicks, just to throw him off the pack. :)

Then again, would also have been awesome if someone showed up, said nothing, grabbed a silver, solved it, and handed it to him.
OOOOOOOoo
Barcared

Post by Barcared »

I worked on the stand Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday and as far as I am aware nobody got even close to solving the blue on the stand (except for us demonstrating) so no free ones were given out!

Most people just couldn't hold it right to apply the right pressure to avoid the traps. I think this is the first skill to be learned and takes a couple of hours before you start building up the map in your head.

We were swamped on the stand from 9:30 through to 17:30 every day and there was massive interest.

The last sale on Sunday afternoon was the last Obsession blue we had in stock and sales of the metal went very well also.

The fact that Jason Bradbury had it in his top 5 'Items in my pocket' in the Gadget Show Magazine alongside the iPhone and ebook reader was a nice bonus and generated further interest.

As for the prototype Chris had on display it does seem remarkably similar to a product being shown by a certain other company on YouTube as their next puzzle! :roll: You decide which came first!!! (Same prototype in Chris' cabinet at last years Gadget Show Live also!)
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

maztec wrote:...Then again, would also have been awesome if someone showed up, said nothing, grabbed a silver, solved it, and handed it to him.
There were no silvers on demo on the stad so you'd have been doing pretty well to do this. There was a bronze though, so I guess you could have done that ;)

Barcared wrote:I worked on the stand Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday and as far as I am aware nobody got even close to solving the blue on the stand (except for us demonstrating) so no free ones were given out!
If none were opened on Sunday then no, none were given out. There was however one person who got quite close to solving a blue... there was a (very pretty) girl on the Friday (I think) who visited the stand about 3 or 4 times and spent a total of about 2 - 2.5 hours, but she managed to get up to the bridge! She wasn't a puzzler but she was a natural. She ended up buying a black in the end since she knew she was close to solving the blue and thought she wouldn't get much more out of it.

There was also a blue core being shown on the stand and many people still couldn't get past the first trap even with the solution infront of them! :lol:

Barcared wrote:Most people just couldn't hold it right to apply the right pressure to avoid the traps. I think this is the first skill to be learned and takes a couple of hours before you start building up the map in your head.
Again, true. There were some who still couldn't hold it right despite being shown exactly how to do it!

Barcared wrote:The last sale on Sunday afternoon was the last Obsession blue we had in stock and sales of the metal went very well also.
Excellent! I knew we were running low but I wasn't quite sure whether they'd all go! Bet there weren't many blacks left either?

I have a few more picture of the stand which I'll try to get up sometime over the next few days too. Did Chris / Michael manage to get any in the end? I know they were going to try, but were just too busy every day I was there?
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
Frosty Greenacre

Post by Frosty Greenacre »

Hello, I'm a new member who attended Gadget Show Live on the Saturday. I can't remember what time i stopped down however it was pretty early.

For those of you who attended and have a really good memory of the hundreds of people you doubtless spoke to, I was the guy with short gelled down hair and a white No Fear jacket on and bought the plastic Green and Blue models.

Since Saturday night I've been playing with the blue, which i finally opened at 4:30am monday morning. I've not had chance to start the green yet as I've been out and about since however the idea of the Blue being the easiest makes me apprehensive of starting the green. (I only solved the area I think you mean by "the bridge" by accidentally noticing the reset gauge was in a different place if you went either left or right.)

So to introduce myself a little you can call me Frosty, I'm 22 and work at a bank within account opening. I enjoy games that test your intelligence and reasoning, however I also like to play faster paced games which rely on skill and reflexes too.

Now my account has been validated I hope to spend a little more time on here and join the community. These puzzles have me intrigued so now I know what they're like I may have to buy a couple more :D

I've taken some pictures of my completed Blue Plastic (which i hope will be valid as I've since reset the puzzle.) and will upload them next time I get online.

Thanks again to everyone at the show for introducing me to them!
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

Welcome to the addiction Frosty...hope you'll enjoy hanging out here.

Have a look at Revomate's posting on how to get access to the opened Blue Obsession forum...

cheers

allard
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
MJShasko

Post by MJShasko »

Welcome indeed Mr. Frosty
Not only will you be caught up in no time - you'll be well practised to attack gold - and you'll probably be the first to solve the series code...

Okay maybe just 2 out of 3 :)
BU00394 GR00177 BR00163 AG00211 AU00059 BL16LE R00059 OR00059
HM12-20 LM00059 TI40-50 BUobs BUobs2 GRobs BLobs BLobs2 RDobs

To do: R2 #59 PU000xx
Frosty Greenacre

Post by Frosty Greenacre »

MJShasko wrote:Welcome indeed Mr. Frosty
Not only will you be caught up in no time - you'll be well practised to attack gold - and you'll probably be the first to solve the series code...

Okay maybe just 2 out of 3 :)
Haha, whilst i appreciate your belief in me firstly i'm gonna need to learn what things such as what the series codes are :lol:

I've read the announcement post and will be posting up at some point, however I'm off work this week and so have managed to spend surprisingly little time at home so far and i need to get the cable for my phone before i can upload.

Is there some sort of FAQ where i can read up on things like the series codes and ins and outs of the site without having to constantly ask everyone what's what?
adamwest

Post by adamwest »

http://www.revomaze.co.uk/competition.htm
here is a good start for the rules and stuff.

adam
Proud owner of set #16 (RevoTaster)

BU00016 OPEN x and o
GR00016 OPEN x and o
Black o OPEN
BR00016
OPEN
RD00016 OPEN
AG00016 OPEN
AU00016 CLOSED
OR00016 OPEN (mark you're just mean ;) )

Return to “General”