V1 or V2

For all general forum discussions.
Tintin

V1 or V2

Post by Tintin »

I'm thinking about finally buying my first Revomaze (extreme) but should
I go for a version 1 with its characteristic grooves around the outside or the new smooth look to Version 2.

So a question to people who have both types ..Does the version 2 look better as well as performing better or do you prefer the look and feel of the original?
maztec

Re: V1 or V2

Post by maztec »

Does not make much of a difference in my opinion.
OOOOOOOoo
mike46060

Post by mike46060 »

If you don't care about trying to win the competition or getting a certificate, save some money and buy the V2s.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. -Albert Einstein

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

If you have the $$ to spare, go for the CE set. You won't be disappointed :)
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

Unfortuntaly I don't have £600 hidden in any cupboard draws :D

V2s are a tad cheaper but I can't help feeling the shape of the original is kind of Iconic
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

Tintin wrote:V2s are a tad cheaper but I can't help feeling the shape of the original is kind of Iconic
I actually prefer the look and feel of the V1 sleeve, but all it really comes down to is personal preference. If you like the look of the V1 more than the V2, then that's probably the best way to go. :)
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
Dorothea

Post by Dorothea »

I think the V2 has no "compartment" for the certificate.
It´s a cool treasure chamber
BUGRBRAGAUTIPUORLMRBL1BL2GMCUAQINMTTQSAGY
waiting: lite
mike46060

Post by mike46060 »

mattangel wrote:If you have the $$ to spare, go for the CE set. You won't be disappointed :)
I wish, but it's hard enough for me to get a PO approved for one.

I think the V2 has no "compartment" for the certificate.
It´s a cool treasure chamber
I agree.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. -Albert Einstein

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

Thank you for the comments.

So version 1 sound like the one most would go for...but given its most likely that I would only be able to get enough cash to buy one, which would you recommend?

Green and Blue versions possibly a little too easy - I make my own hardwood puzzles and have a few designs on the go at any one time. So Bronze, Silver or Gold...which would you go for if you could only have one to add to ever growing collect of varied puzzles.
RichAE91

Post by RichAE91 »

well the gold is sold out and they wont be making any more so if you wanted the gold you would have to buy the collectors set.

and the silver is very difficult i have not yet played with one but it has been out almost 2 years and only about 40 have actually been opened.

but the bronze i think is a very nice puzzle i recently bought the v2 bronze and i solved it quite quickly but i had previously played with a few other mazes which did help me with that, so what i would say is that if this is your 1st revomaze definitely buy the bronze it will give your hours of enjoyment, (but id go for the v2 as currently it is on sale, it is the same puzzle, and asthetically i dont think either sleeve is more attractive than the other) and buy buying the v2 you would save £30 out of which you could purchase the blue obsession which, should you run in to difficulty on the bronze (which you will everybody does) you will have an easier maze to help you learn a couple of tricks that maybe be utilised in the bronze thus helping you progress.
R1
Ex: Br V2 - O
LE: Ti (SE) 08-50 - O

Ex #88:
CE Assembled: Bu - O, Gr - O, Br - O, Ag - O, Au - C, Ti - O
LE: Or - O, LM - O,

Obs: Bl V1 - O, Bl V2 - O, Bu Pro - O

R2 Voyager #88

Return to “General”