Peach V3 Puzzle - What we know so far...

General Questions.
prodigy

Re: Peach V3 Puzzle - What we know so far...

Post by prodigy »

JackBauer wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:17 pm It was Peach or Emerald and I chose Peach!
I really think it was the correct choice! Will you try to solve it first without mapping?
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

ReVoRabbit wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:22 pm As AliMorris shared, Peach is completely free of defects and could go straight into manufacturing. I have re-worked two specific areas of the puzzle. It is not important that HQ implement my changes, however i think changes are crucial. if they do make changes in these areas, I think the community will have a puzzle they adore!
So you are the second tester then? Do you know if there are more testers than you and AliMorris?
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Thanks for the info ReVoRabbit!

I also ordered one, and very much looking forward to it arriving :)
:D BlueGreenBronzeSilver V1/V2TurquoiseAquaGoldRedMintTitaniumSapphireRuby
:? GunmetalCopperOrangeEmerald
On hand - IndigoLimeGreyHandmadeSalmonPeachmini(brass)
Arriving Soon? - Black (Pilot) LiteTeal? ;)
Want - BlackBlack MercPurple... PM me!
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

prodigy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:49 pmDo you know if there are more testers than you and AliMorris?
Do you count Chris Pitt as a tester?
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

ReVoRabbit wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:50 pm Do you count Chris Pitt as a tester?
No, I'm only curious about testers outside RevoHQ.
JackBauer

Post by JackBauer »

Prodigy, yes! I am going to try to no map speech.
Opened: Blue, Green, Mint, Bronze, Aqua, Indigo, Orange, Red Obsession, Turquoise, Grey, Gunmetal, Titanium, Sapphire, Blue Mini, Silver, Purple, Blue Pro Obsession, Emerald
WIP: Lime
Shelf: Salmon, Copper, Gold, Ruby, Peach, Black Obsession V2, Handmade, Black Obsession V1
JackBauer

Post by JackBauer »

RevoRabbit —- well now I really hope they implement your changes. Just seeing how invaluable testers were to Ruby and were probably used more for Ruby than any past Revomaze, maybe HQ will put more weight on the tester’s ideas and not be afraid to make changes even if it delays shipments or increases costs.
Opened: Blue, Green, Mint, Bronze, Aqua, Indigo, Orange, Red Obsession, Turquoise, Grey, Gunmetal, Titanium, Sapphire, Blue Mini, Silver, Purple, Blue Pro Obsession, Emerald
WIP: Lime
Shelf: Salmon, Copper, Gold, Ruby, Peach, Black Obsession V2, Handmade, Black Obsession V1
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

The difference I see is that CP has been making puzzles longer than Revomaze. He has a good sense of what is going on and how to present it to customers.

The team making Peach is a group of 4 that combined don't have CP's experience. This is their breakout move. A team making a maze has serious pros and cons.

One pro, the puzzle works. It's smooth. It put me through an emotional roller coaster that I just loved. To me, it felt like a lot of thought and intention went into the puzzle. Ship it the way it is, and I think there will be people who love Peach.

I also want it to be more than that, and I think the Peach team is fully capable of revising this puzzle and kicking it up a notch. By doing so, I think a lot more people will have a revomaze that they feel proud of when the dots line up.

I'm also going to take another day or two and see if I can discover anything new. Tinker around under the hood, see if there are more upgrades worth sharing.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
PE
Obsession
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

I have good news, and I have great news. Which do you want first?

HQ has verified that they have received my change suggestions for Peach. They have confirmed that they will not be using any of my proposals. Using my suggestions would mean someone outside of the four influenced the design. Because they are passionate about not taking my design-specific changes, we know they are not taking CP's either. I find this exciting.

They are addressing my complaints, so we should see something refreshing! Those who have purchased are in for greatness at the 60 difficulty level.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
PE
Obsession
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Sounds reasonably in one way and I really understand how they reason. Sounds great that no faults have been found and that they will come up with a change where it is needed. Thanks for the update!

Return to “Peach General”