SonicWarp puzzles

Chyron

Re: SonicWarp puzzles

Post by Chyron »

The Copernisis bugged me because it just felt like "Try every combination of clicks and hope you banged hard enough to open it when you managed to find the right one"
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
Bidle

Post by Bidle »

Chyron wrote:The Copernisis bugged me because it just felt like "Try every combination of clicks and hope you banged hard enough to open it when you managed to find the right one"
Well it didn't felt like that for me. When in the right position I could clearly feel what to do! Otherwise it would have taken me a long time. Now I took me an hour.
Only the secret compartment was a bit stuck and needed some help/force.

My Ramisis G2 is back and indeed the BB was stuck. Now I just have to find time to start with it. :)
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Bidle wrote:
ReVoRabbit wrote:
JStone wrote:I would be interested in a walk through for the Ramisis V1 for my little black book I am putting together.

I have already done walkthroughs for the Isis and Copernisis if you are interested in a swap?
Last I checked there was only one CopernIsis solution on YT and it doesnt solve my puzzle. considering sending it back for repair.

I do have great internal photos of the Ramisis if you are interested in them.
Each different color of the copernisis has a different solution. I own the extreme and opened it quit and think it isn't even too difficult.
Which version do you have?
i too have the extreme (blue and gold). me thinks some sliding components aren't sliding.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Bidle

Post by Bidle »

Well I can only tell you sometimes it feels like the sliding stops at a certain point. It is possible to continue with a little more force by holding the puzzle in a different position.

Hope this helps, otherwise best to contact them! I had to send back the Ramisis and got an answer very quick.
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Bidle wrote:Hope this helps, otherwise best to contact them! I had to send back the Ramisis and got an answer very quick.
I think i know what you are talking about. in which case, no it doesnt. i had to send my Ramisis back too.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
stet

Post by stet »

I just solved my Isis Extreme, on the same day that I received the new Plexisis. So far now out of the 5 Isises (is that the right word?) that I own (original Sharper Image Isis, Isis 1C, Isis of Eden, Isis Extreme, Plexisis), this is only the 2nd one I have managed to solve (the other being the original). I haven't taken apart the latch of the Isis Extreme yet to see what makes it so different yet but will later on tonight after my 22 month old son goes to bed.

Of the other puzzles in the series I have solved both my Ramisis and Ramisi5 (both first generation, and both with the same solution, unfortunately). I have also solved both my standard (Gold/Red) and Limited (Black/Gold) Copernisis (again, both with the same solution, unfortunately). I have not solved my Extreme (Blue/Gold) Copernisis yet.

I am considering picking up a G2 Extreme Ramisis since I believe that it is a different solution than the ones that I already have.
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

The new Plexisis?? I cannot find it in their shop. Where can I find more information regarding that one?
Do you think it is worth to buy the Isis Extreme if I have solved the first Isis Original?

I would buy the Ramisis Extreme if it has a different solution. Do you have more information regarding this one?
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
stet

Post by stet »

The Plexisis is a new extra difficult Isis which according to Andrew Reeves is the most complicated Isis to date and that he would be surprised if I solve it within a year. There are only 5 of them, mine is #1. I'm not sure how he is going to distribute the others if he hasn't done so already. I didn't get mine through their web site.

Compared to my original Sharper Image Isis the Isis G2 Extreme has a very different and quite a lot more challenging 2nd half (the part after the "half way point" which is somewhat trivial on the original). The latch itself is quite a bit different/improved too and it does have an effect on solving it. I don't how much of these changes are due to it being a G2 and how much due to it being an Extreme. I know that some of the other limited edition versions (like the 1A) also had much more challenging first halves with extra "sticky" points, if that makes any sense.

I am not 100% sure about the new Ramisis G2 and Extreme. I too am looking for more details (without spoiling things) about the nature of the changes for these when compared to the original first run Ramisis. Before I invest in them I want to be assured that they are different enough from the original. I was so disappointed that the Ramisis and Ramisi5 were the same internally.
Attachments
Plexisis 1 of 5
Plexisis 1 of 5
DSCF3810.JPG (171.04 KiB) Viewed 8177 times
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
Gold Plated CE #05:
a-maze-ing

Post by a-maze-ing »

Oh look, an Isis/ramisis/Copernisis all-in-one box inlay... Nice to see they have that sorted by now.

How is the 4th puzzle in the series coming along?
stet

Post by stet »

Last I heard it is still a month or more until the 4th is ready. They are with the production team, whatever that means.

I know I should be working on my Plexisis but instead I went back to my Isis of Eden which I have kind of neglected since it arrived right as I was packing to move. And I solve it :) That's 2 Isises (is that the word?) in 2 days for me :) This one definitely has something odd going on during the first half of the solve. I'm going to have to try to carefully take apart the latch to see just what it is.
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
LE #05:
Gold Plated CE #05:

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”